3 week series - How to Tame Your Monster
Most of us experience the damaging monster that comes from finances, debt, and fights about budgets. We know that creating the monster is all too easy: it's simply your name for something like a new credit card.
of us are living beyond our financial limits and feeling crushed by debt - it keeps us from being the family, the church, the leaders, and dreamers we were meant to be.
AND If you still need convincing that we all need help either getting out of debt or learning to steward our finances by Biblical standards, check out some of these amazing statistics:
- 70% of us are "Normal" - broke and busted
- Statistically over $30k in debt
- Annual income is $40-$60k
- It'll take you almost 6 years to pay off your debt
- 16% of us are "Bankrupt"
- Statistically we have 2 new cars ($32k), school loan ($20k), and credit card debt ($8k)
- Total monthly expenses: $2,840
- 2% of us are experiencing "Death by Credit Cards"
- Same as the "Bankrupt" 16% above, but add an additional $100k to credit card debt
- Too much pressure - you've lost all hope!