88% of us are living beyond our financial limits and feeling crushed by debt - it keeps us from being the family, the church, the leaders, and dreamers we were meant to be.
Pastor Trey shows CityHope how America, our community, and our church all need help. With debt and stewarding our finances. If you missed this message during the Fight For Family series, check this video out.
If you still need convincing that we all need help either getting out of debt or learning to steward our finances by Biblical standards, check out some of these amazing statistics:
- 70% of us are "Normal" - broke and busted
- Statistically over $30k in debt
- Annual income is $40-$60k
- It'll take you almost 6 years to pay off your debt
- 16% of us are "Bankrupt"
- Statistically we have 2 new cars ($32k), school loan ($20k), and credit card debt ($8k)
- Total monthly expenses: $2,840
- 2% of us are experiencing "Death by Credit Cards"
- Same as the "Bankrupt" 16% above, but add an additional $100k to credit card debt
- Too much pressure - you've lost all hope!
TAKE A STEP, FREEDOM COMES
This Fall, on September 9th, CityHope will be starting a 9-week
journey through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.
We believe that when our financial posture, disciplines, and
habits improve, then our families, marriages, dreams, and ministry
will align with the great plan God has for each of us.
What is Financial Peace University?
Financial Peace University is a nine-lesson, money-management class taught by America's most trusted financial guru, Dave Ramsey. Dave and his teaching team will walk you through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, and much more.
Watch entertaining videos, get your questions answered with financial coaching assistance, and stay on track with digital tools.
- Budget, save and pay off debt.
- Get on the same page with your spouse.
- Identify which types of insurance you need.
- Plan and save for major expenses.
- Invest for your future, give generously, and more.
Dave has been there before. He gets it.
Dave Ramsey created Financial Peace University nearly 25 years ago after learning how to pay off debt, save and spend wisely, and build wealth. Today, millions have used the same principles to transform their lives.
when is this happening?
Classes start on September 9 and run through November 10. Each campus will offer 5 class options during the week to fit everyone’s schedule - we even have classes for your students and kids!
is there a cost?
Yes - one FPU kit per family is required and the cost $90.
will childcare be provided?
Yes - childcare will be provided. Kids in 1st - 6th grade will even receive FPU teachings while their parents are in the adult class.
How To Tame Your Monster & Financial Peace University / SEP 9